Fees, Cancellation, Missed Appointment, NSF, Subsidized Counselling
- Please plan to arrive no more than 2-3 minutes prior to our scheduled appointment time.
- Please come prepared with a cheque, cash, or make an email transfer PRIOR to our appointment.
- Please provide 48 hours notice of cancellation (for Tuesday to Friday appointments) and 72 hours (for Monday appointments) otherwise you will be charged the full fee for the session.
- Please cancel your appointment as soon as possible if you have cold or flu symptoms.
- Please read the full cancellation and missed appointment policy below prior to attending your first appointment.
- Please hold on to your receipt(s), a fee of $50 or $140/hour will be charged for duplicate receipts.
Clinical Supervision: $140/hour
Group Programs: TBA
Reissuing Receipt: $50
- I do not have specific information about your workplace benefits plan as each employer negotiates their own group benefits. You can check your benefits package or call your provider directly to see if your employer's plan covers counselling sessions with a registered social worker and let them know I have a master of social work.
- Full payment of the outstanding fee plus an additional $25 service charge due immediately upon notice to you.
Cancellation & Missed Appointments
- Clients that do not provide sufficient notice (48 hours for Tuesday-Friday appointments and 72 hours for Monday appointments) will be billed for the full cost of the scheduled session.
- If you do not show up for a scheduled appointment ("no show") you will be billed for the full cost of the scheduled session.
- All future appointments will be cancelled if payment is not made within 24 hours of your missed or late cancelled appointment.
- Your appointment is for your exclusive use and when it is cancelled with short notice, or missed altogether, it is often too late or impossible to offer this time to someone else. Continuity, consistency, and mutual respect are important in counselling. I cannot run a successful practice if appointments and this policy are not honoured.
- You must call or text 519-816-2701 to cancel your appointment. Please DO NOT email your notice of cancellation unless you are providing more than 72 hours of notice.
- This policy applies for same-day bookings which are subsequently cancelled/missed.
- Cancellation fees will only be waived in the event of a medical emergency, requiring urgent professional treatment, a sudden death in the family or a natural disaster.
- Out of fairness to you, if I cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours notice, or in the event that I double book your appointment time or I do not show up for our scheduled appointment, there will be no charge for your next appointment.
- I have daytime and evening appointments available from Monday to Friday
- Phone calls are returned twice weekly.
Some subsidies you can access to see me for counselling:
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Board
- Victim Quick Response Program
- First Nations Inuit Health Branch
- OSAP Bursary if you are attending college or university
Free/subsidized Counselling in Windsor and Essex County:
- Family Services of Windsor
- Hiatus House
- Hospice of Windsor
- Sandwich Community Health Centre
- Sexual Assault Crisis Centre
- Windsor Family Health Team