Fees, Cancellation, Missed Appointment Policy
Individual session: $130.00
Couples or Family session: $150.00
Clinical Supervision/consultation session: $130.00
Group: (to be determined for each)
Workshop: (to be determined per workshop)
Report/Letter Writing: $130/hour
- My fees are payable by cash or cheque at the beginning of each session. Email transfers will be accepted if received prior to your appointment
- I have a policy of charging the full fee for missed sessions and cancellations that are not made by 10am on the day before our scheduled appointment or by 10am on Friday for all Monday appointments. All future appointments will be cancelled and no further appointments will be scheduled if the fee is not paid within 24 hours of the missed appointment (please read the policy and rationale below).
- Extended benefits: I do not have information re: each specific plan. Please call your provider directly to see if you are covered for counselling with a registered social worker with a MSW. If you have coverage you will still need to pay me the full fee and I will provide you with a receipt that can be submitted for reimbursement.
- If private counselling is not in your budget please scroll to the bottom of this page to find out about free or subsidized counselling programs.
- If notice from the bank of a Non-Sufficient Funds is received: full payment of the outstanding fees plus an additional $25 service charge must be paid immediately. All future appointments will be cancelled if outstanding fees are not received within 24 hours notice to you.
- If you have any of the following contagious symptoms please stay home and cancel your appointment: cough; cold; sneezing; fever; runny nose; sore throat; diarrhea; vomiting.
- There is a range of valid reasons for cancelling an appointment. In order to be consistent with all clients, cancellation fees will only be waived in the event of a medical emergency requiring urgent professional treatment, a sudden death in the family, or a natural disaster.
- Out of fairness to you, if I cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours of notice, or in the unlikely event that I double book your appointment time or I do not show up for our scheduled appointment, your next appointment is free.
Cancellation and Missed Appointment Policy Rationale
I consider any appointment that you have made with me, important. Your appointment is for your exclusive use and when it is cancelled with short notice, or missed altogether, it is often too late or impossible to offer this time to someone else, and the appointment time goes unfilled. Continuity, consistency, and mutual respect are important in counselling. I cannot run a successful practice if appointment times and this cancellation policy are not honoured.
- You must call 519-816-2701 by 10am on the day before your scheduled appointment and by 10am on Friday for a Monday appointment in order to avoid paying the full cost of your scheduled session. This also applies to same-day bookings which are subsequently cancelled.
- The cancellation must be made by telephone unless you are cancelling with more than 48 hours notice - then you may cancel via email.
- All future appointments will be cancelled if payment is not made within 24 hours of your missed or late cancelled appointment.
- Clients who fail to show up for a scheduled appointment (“no show”) are billed for the full cost of their scheduled session. All future appointments will be cancelled if payment is not made within 24 hours of your missed or late cancelled appointment.
- Life circumstances may arise which make attending counselling on an ongoing basis difficult or even impossible. Clients who cancel/rebook 3 or more consecutive appointments or a total of 4 appointments over the course of their counselling are asked to take a minimum 6 month break from counselling with me. I would be happy to discuss your situation after this time period to assist you in determining whether counselling with me would be appropriate. It is understood that clients may choose to seek counselling with alternative counselling providers if taking a break from therapy with me.
- If you are sick with a cold or flu or any other contagious illness please stay home and call to cancel your appointment as soon as possible.
Workshops/Retreats/Groups and Cancellations
- Cancellation with at least 14 days notice will receive a refund, less a $50 administration charge, or receive a credit, less a $25 administration charge. Switch your registration to another program or individual appointments in the same season (no administration charge).
- Cancellation with fewer than 14 days before the beginning of the workshop/retreat date and receive a credit, less a $50 administration charge. Switch your registration to another program or individual appointments in the same season (no administration charge).
- Cancellation with fewer than 1 business day before the workshop (or non-attendance at workshop/retreat/group), please contact me within seven days after the program date to receive a 50% credit toward future workshops.
I have daytime and evening appointments available from Monday to Friday.
Phone calls will be returned within 48 hours on week days.
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Board which provides financial compensation (including counselling fees) for those who qualify under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Act, who are victims, and family members of deceased victims of violent crimes committed in the Province of Ontario. http://www.cicb.gov.on.ca/en/index.htm
- First Nations Inuit Health Branch provides funding for 15-20 crisis counselling sessions for eligible First Nations people and Inuit.
- OSAP: Students at the University of Windsor (contact office for students with disabilities) or St-Clair College (contact student counselling). If you are receiving OSAP and have a mental health diagnosis from a doctor or psychiatrist may be eligible for a bursary through OSAP for counselling with a registered private therapist of their choosing.
- Victim Quick Response Program for Victims of Crimes that have occurred in Ontario http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/ovss/vqrp_program_info_booklet.pdf
Free or Subsidized counselling in Windsor and Essex County:
- Family Services of Windsor
- Hiatus House (group counselling for survivors of gendered violence)
- Hospice of Windsor (people living with cancer and their families)
- Sandwich Community Health Centre (12 sessions)
- Sexual Assault Crisis Centre
- St-Clair College Student Counselling Centre (students of St-Clair)
- Teen Health Centre (youth under age 25)
- University of Windsor, Student Counselling Centre (students of the U of W)
- Windsor Family Health Team