Fees, Cancellation, Missed Appointment Policy, and Subsidized Counselling
Payable by cash or cheque at the beginning of each session.
Email transfers will be accepted prior to your appointment.
Individual session: $130.00
Couples or Family session: $150.00
Clinical Supervision/consultation session: $130.00
Group: (to be determined for each)
Workshop: (to be determined per workshop)
Report/Letter Writing: $130/hour
Please refer to your benefits package to see if you are covered for counselling with a registered social worker with a Master of Social Work.
If you have coverage you will still need to pay me the full fee and I will provide you with a receipt that can be submitted for reimbursement.
If notice from the bank of a Non-Sufficient Funds is received: full payment of the outstanding fees plus an additional $25 service charge must be paid immediately. All future appointments will be cancelled if outstanding fees are not received within 24 hours notice to you.
Cancellation and Missed Appointment Policy
Your appointment is for your exclusive use and when it is cancelled with short notice, or missed altogether, it is often too late or impossible to offer this time to someone else. Continuity, consistency, and mutual respect are important in counselling. I cannot run a successful practice if appointment times and this cancellation policy are not honoured.
- You must call 519-816-2701 by 10am on the day before your scheduled appointment and by 10am on Friday for a Monday appointment in order to avoid paying the full cost of your scheduled session.
- This also applies to same-day bookings which are subsequently cancelled.
- The cancellation must be made by telephone unless you are cancelling with more than 48 hours notice - then you may cancel via email.
- Clients who fail to show up for a scheduled appointment ("no show") are billed for the full cost of their scheduled session.
- All future appointments will be cancelled if payment is not made within 24 hours of your missed or late cancelled appointment.
- If you are sick with a cold or flu or any other contagious illness please stay home and call to cancel your appointment as soon as possible.
- Cancellation fees will only be waived in the event of a medical emergency, requiring urgent professional treatment, a sudden death in the family or a natural disaster.
- Out of fairness to you, if I cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours of notice, or in the unlikely event that I double book your appointment time or I do not show up for our scheduled appointment, there will be no charge for your next appointment.
Workshops/Retreats/Groups and Cancellations
- Please refer to your registration form.
I have daytime and evening appointments available from Monday to Friday.
Phone calls will be returned within 48 hours on week days.
Some subsidies you can access to see me for counselling
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Board which provides financial compensation (including counselling fees) for those who qualify under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Act, who are victims, and family members of deceased victims of violent crimes committed in the Province of Ontario. http://www.cicb.gov.on.ca/en/index.htm
- First Nations Inuit Health Branch provides funding for 15-20 crisis counselling sessions for eligible First Nations people and Inuit.
- OSAP: Students at the University of Windsor (contact office for students with disabilities) or St-Clair College (contact student counselling). If you are receiving OSAP and have a mental health diagnosis from a doctor or psychiatrist may be eligible for a bursary through OSAP for counselling with a registered private therapist of their choosing.
- Victim Quick Response Program for Victims of Crimes that have occurred in Ontario http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/ovss/vqrp_program_info_booklet.pdf
Free counselling in Windsor and Essex County:
- Family Services of Windsor
- Hiatus House (group counselling for survivors of gendered violence)
- Hospice of Windsor (people living with cancer and their families)
- Sandwich Community Health Centre (12 sessions)
- Sexual Assault Crisis Centre
- St-Clair College Student Counselling Centre (students of St-Clair)
- Teen Health Centre (youth under age 25)
- University of Windsor, Student Counselling Centre (students of the U of W)
- Windsor Family Health Team